Welcome to the Heritage Boiler Association (Alberta). We are a group of steam enthusiasts from all over the Province of Alberta, and beyond. Corporately, we work closely with the Alberta Boilers Safety Association to provide certification and training services for operating heritage boilers. Individually, we like getting our hands dirty exhibiting and maintaining antique steam-driven tractors and equipment.
- The Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, AB is hosting a steam course on May 26-27 / 2018.
See our Certification and Training page for more information on this course.
Here are a few steam events that HBAA members may be interested in. For more information on any event, please contact the museum or organization directly. To let us know of any other events that you think should be listed here, send us a note from the Contact page.
Note: All events are subject to change. Please confirm before you attend.
- May 25: Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin will be hosting a practical testing event. To apply for a practical test, follow the procedure on our Certification and Training page.
- June 9-10: Pioneer Acres in Irricana will have their steam tractor operating for those looking for practical experience time and an observer on site for practical testing. To apply for a practical test, follow the procedure on our Certification and Training page. To reserve a spot for building hours, contact Pioneer Acres directly.
- June 16: Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin will have up to three steam tractors running. To reserve a spot for building hours, contact Reynolds-Alberta museum directly.
- July 14-15: Pioneer Acres in Irricana will have their steam tractor operating for those looking for practical experience time.
- August 10-12: Pioneer Acres Annual Show. All boilers operating with some opportunity for practical experience, but their show is a very busy time.
- September 8-9: Pioneer Acres Steam and Stationary Engine Weekend. Steam tractor and vertical boiler will be operating with some opportunity for practical experience.